Amateur Choir at the Opera at the Castle
2017, the jubilee year for the music scene in Szczecin, resulted in many fantastic artistic events, the crowning of which was the megashow "Pagliacci" of R. Leoncavallo with the participation of 150-person city choir, which comprised people selected in a casting. Over half a year of weekly rehearsals conducted by the choirmaster of the Opera at the Castle and the performance in front of four thousand viewers in the Summer Theatre awoke the appetite for singing and quite a number of the workshop participants declared their willingness to continue working on their voice and to realise other artistic endeavours.
On September 25, 2017, on the initiative of Małgorzata Bornowska – a choirmistress of the Opera at the Castle in Szczecin, there was created the Amateur Choir at the Opera at the Castle, which gives an opportunity for vocal development to all fans of choir art, no matter their age nor music education. The choristers take part in regular vocal training, and in weekly rehearsals they develop not only their vocal skills, artistic sensitivity but also the sense of co-responsibility, which is necessary in team work. The choir realises both independent concerts and workshop projects and also supports some of the opera events.
- The concert of Polish music – the Basilica of Saint Jan Chrzciciel in Szczecin, April 29, 2018,
- A concert within the diploma of a student of the Faculty of Musical Education of Art Academy in Szczecin – the church of Saint Kazimierz in Szczecin, June 2, 2018,
- "700 voices for 100 years of independence" – singing Polish patriotic songs together with the Choir of the Opera at the Castle and the gathered audience – the main stage of the Opera at the Castle in Szczecin, November 11, 2018,
- A concert for the 100th anniversary of regaining independence by Poland – the church of Saint Mikołaj the Bishop in Szczecin, November 17, 2018
- Carols and pastorals – the church of Saint Mikołaj the Bishop in Szczecin, January 26, 2019,
- Performing "Ode to Joy" at the border checkpoint in Kołbaskowo on the occasion of 15th anniversary of Poland's accession to the European Union May 1, 2019,
- A performance within the celebrations of the 200th anniversary of birth of Stanisław Moniuszko – Jasne Błonia in Szczecin, May 5, 2019,
- A performance within the diploma of a student of the Faculty of Musical Education of Art Academy in Szczecin – National Museum in Szczecin, May 9, 2019,
- A charity concert "Ej przeleciał ptaszek" – the main stage of the Opera at the Castle – June 7, 2019.
- Carols "Kolędy i pastorałki" – the church of Saint Mikołaj the Bishop in Szczecin, Jan 18, 2020
- Carols "Kolędy i pastorałki" – the church of Saint Mikołaj the Bishop in Szczecin, Jan, 15, 2022
- Concert „Thank you for the music” – Gallery „O” at the Castle Opera, Apr 25, 2022
Rehearsals take place in the seat of the Opera, once a week on Mondays from 6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.